Anyone who breaks Nevada marijuana laws may be subject to the following penalties. These penalties are related only to retail marijuana.
Any person who cultivates marijuana:
- Within 25 miles of a state-licensed retail marijuana store,
- Where the plants are visible from a public place, or
- On property they don't own or don't have permission from the lawful owner
Is guilty of:
- For a first violation, a misdemeanor punished by a fine of not more than $600
- For a second violation, a misdemeanor punished by a fine of not more than $1,000
- For a third violation, a gross misdemeanor
- For a fourth or subsequent violation, a category E felony
A person who smokes or otherwise consumes marijuana in a public place, in a retail marijuana store, or as a passenger in a moving vehicle is guilty of a misdemeanor punished by a fine of not more than $600.
Under 21 years of age
For penalties associated with marijuana and people under the age of 21, see the penalties page in the Keep Kids Safe section of this site.