For Businesses


There are limitations on who can work for or volunteer at a retail marijuana business: 

  • Must be 21 years or older
  • Cannot have been convicted of an excluded felony offense  

All employees and volunteers of a marijuana business must apply for and receive a registered agent card. The agent card is issued by the state, and a background check must be completed as part of the application process.  

The requirements for obtaining an agent card changed in the 2017 legislative session. The agent card application and checklist are available on the Department of Taxation's website. 

If you have questions, contact the Department's Call Center at (866) 962-3707 or email